Bags are so essential to us that we are ready to invest a huge sum to get them, but we often fail to give them the proper care and maintenance they require. Some people think that the huge amount attached to them means that they are super bags immune to tear or damage, but that is not the case. It’s essential to clean and take proper care of all our luxury items always and to also to it properly to avoid damaging them in the name of taking care. In this article, we are going to learn how to clean the Gucci bag.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR BAG
Proper storage of your bag in a dust bag when not in use is of utmost importance to avoid dust damaging it. A white clean pillow or any other cotton material can also serve in case of unavailability of an original dust bag, but make sure that you don’t use a plastic bag as storage for your luxury item.
The shape is an essential factor to keep in mind as far as a luxury bag is concerned. The best way to keep the bag in shape is to use soft clothing materials or paper to stuff it.
Always air the bag if you haven’t used it for long periods. Also ensure that you change the materials stuffed in it to new ones, as well as make sure that there is no dust, dirt, or bad odor.
Buying a new bag always comes with addiction and we tend to use it every single day. With this daily usage, it’s difficult to avoid specks of dust and sometimes sweat from our hands to rub on them. You should always use a clean soft cloth to wipe your bag after the day’s use whether you see the dust on it or not. Also, do a monthly cleaning on the bag apart from the one you do daily. The way you clean the bag depends on its material. Gucci bags are mostly manufactured using Canvas, Fabric, and Leather.
When cleaning a canvas material, use a clean material moistened with moderate soapy water to clean the coated canvas bag, excluding the leather trims. Next, use another neat, dry cloth to dry the bag. Make sure that your bag doesn’t have any prolonged contact with materials that can stain it through color transfer into the coated canvas.
A good way to eliminate fabric dirt is by using a smooth soft brush, and then a sponge soaked in warm soapy water to avoid damage and also eliminate water stains and scuffs. Once this is done, you should then dry the bag.
Make sure that your leather bag is not exposed to water. Avoid using baby wipes, lotion, and chemical substances that are not compatible with this type of leather. You may have to look for leather cleaners that won’t cause damage to your bag. Another way is to dampen a cloth inside warm water mixed with soap and use it to clean the bag’s external surfaces. Then use another wet cloth to clean off the soap, and use a dry towel to dry it.
Tips for maintaining the quality of your bag
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your items, especially the leather trim, against rough surfaces.
- Do not expose your product to wet or humid conditions.
- Exposure to direct sunlight should be avoided.
- Ensure that your bags don’t come into contact with oily substances, perfumes, hydroalcoholic fluids, and materials whose colorful pigments may transfer into the product.
- Make sure your items are kept away from water. If the surface becomes damp or soiled, dry it using a lint-free, light-colored, absorbent cloth. Soap or solvent should never be used.
- Whenever your lining becomes filthy or has surface stains, it’s advisable to wipe it off with a soft, light-colored material.
- When you’re not using your product, place it in the felt protective pouch that comes with it.